- Book: Liking me so far?
- Book: Slow down, do you really want to finish me tonight?
- Book: How's your heart doing?
- Book: Oops, did I break you?
- Book: Don't cry for me.
- Book: You're almost at the end!
- Book: You're going to know all the answers now!
- Book: ...
- Book: Oops, did I forget to mention I'm the first in a series?
- Book: And that the sequel comes out next year?
- Book: :)
~I think when a reader reads a whole book - which takes six to ten hours - that’s kind of a gift to the author. The gift of close, undivided attention. To who else do we listen so closely for eight straight hours? And when readers give that gift to me, I’m grateful for it..
~A piece of writing has to seduce the reader, it has to suspend disbelief and earn the reader’s trust.— Po Bronson (via amandaonwriting)